Doc Jones brought his saxophone and introduced New Orleans Jazz to the Alamos Community. He was also there to investigate the possibility of organizing an annual International Jazz Day event in Alamos. Each afternoon, Doc participated in the city sponsored music lessons for the youth and citizens of Alamos at their Casa de la Cultura on a hill overlooking the city. Working with the teachers, he incorporated jazz into their lessons.
- Arizona International Jazz Day Festival Executive Director Doc Jones announced that Richard Booker work will be featured as the 7th Annual Jazz Festival’s official commemorative poster
- Join the International Jazz Day AZ Foundation Movement to help our new Friend Little Jonathan
- “Do U know who Gregory Porter is?”
- 2018 Alamos International jazz Day Fest T- Shirts are now on sale
- THANK YOU CONSUL GENERAL KAREN OGLE FOR SUPPORTING INTERNATIONAL JAZZ DAY 2017 IN ALAMOS SONORA MEXICO